One of the easiest ways to spice up the interior design of your kitchen is by adding window treatments. These details can do so much in making your kitchen a delightful place for the family to work and spend time in.
However, many fail to choose the best window treatments for the particular space. Two problems emerge here:
- They don’t know how to approach the task.
- They are unaware of the various possibilities these components offer in terms of elevating the overall feel and look of the kitchen.
This may be your issue as well.
So to make choosing the right window treatments for your kitchen considerably easier, here are five important questions you should ask.
Question #1: “Why do I need window treatments?”
You need to answer this question so you can choose the right window treatment for your unique space. The best way to come up with answers is by studying your kitchen windows first and identifying any possible issues.
Here are some examples:
- If your kitchen window faces the street, passersby are likely to see into your home.
- Your kitchen windows are big and let a lot of natural light in. While having plenty of natural light is good for illumination, harmful UV rays that spill into your kitchen can warp your wood floors and the fabric of your kitchen furniture.
- If you have an older home, the kitchen would typically have awkwardly located windows that make the room look quite off-balanced.
Identifying the actual issues can help you pinpoint the appropriate window treatments needed to resolve them.
Question #2: “Do they go with the style of the kitchen?”
Kitchens come in various styles:
- There are charming country kitchens where you can picture your Nana baking pie for dinner.
- Some kitchens are modern but quite homey, like the Hamptons style kitchen.
- There are also ultra-chic and sleek kitchens that are ideal for minimalists.
Each kitchen style can achieve its best overall look with the right window treatment.
For example, sleek kitchens tend to be rather linear – they are all about clean and precise lines, so they will look best with dark, hardwood blinds.
As for a country cottage kitchen, timber venetians can enhance the comfortable ambience of the room.
Your kitchen will make perfect design sense if you choose a window treatment that easily blends into the room’s design.
Question #3: “What kind of material is best to use?”
Your choice of material will depend on specific factors such as the weather, your family’s health and your capacity for care and maintenance.
- You live where the climate is warm and humid. It is advisable to go with light and airy materials; doing otherwise will just make the kitchen feel stuffy. What’s more, light and airy blinds are easier to wash and can contribute to a simpler kitchen cleaning routine, which is crucial if you have family members who have asthma and allergies.
- You live near a busy street and your house easily gets dusty. You may find wood blinds much more convenient to use as you just need to vacuum and wipe them clean.
Consider such factors thoughtfully so you can find the most suitable window treatment for your kitchen.
Question #4: “How do I want to mount the window treatments?”
Do you want the bottom to touch the windowsill?
Do you want the blinds to start from the ceiling and extend to the floor?
Do you want the bottom to be an inch above the floor to prevent it from catching dust from the floor?
The correct way of mounting your window treatments can enhance the feel of the kitchen. Additionally, it can complement other decorative components, as well as make the room feel more spacious.
So think carefully about how you want to mount your blinds.
Question #5: “Store-bought or custom-made?”
There are pros and cons to both options, so take the time to determine how specific your requirements are for curtains or window treatments.
Here are your options:
- If you would rather shop at a store, you may not find what you’re looking for right away. However, you will see a wide variety of options that may be just as good.
- Meanwhile, if you opt for custom-made, you may have to pay more. Apart from the higher cost, you will have to wait a little longer for the product to be ready. But you can be sure to get what you truly want.
Your kitchen, your blinds
Determine which is the more beneficial route to getting the curtains or window treatments you want for your kitchen.
With these five questions, making the right choice of window treatment for your kitchen will surely get easier. As you answer each one, you get to make sure that your final choice provides beauty and function, and is also the perfect solution to the other kitchen concerns you have.
Toby Walker is the Director and Operations Manager of Zesta Kitchens. With over 30 years of industry experience (having previously operated Nobby Kitchens and Bunnings Warehouse Kitchen Centres), Toby’s passion is providing a unique customer kitchen renovation experience, and this filters through the business to ensure a quality product with an on-time kitchen renovation.
5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing Window Treatments for Your Kitchen Pictures
Kitchen – Window Treatments
Gallery of 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing Window Treatments for Your KitchenThere are 2 high resolution images again to check, so do not miss to see Awesome images all in 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing Window Treatments for Your Kitchen article galleries for your next inspiration by clicking the thumbnail below.
Disclaimer: ifinterior.COM consists of a compilation of public information available on the internet. The 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing Window Treatments for Your Kitchen pictures on this site are collected from multiple source in internet. We are NOT affiliated with the publisher of this part, and we take no responsibility for material inside this part. For more information about the Copyright, please take a minute to read our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notification Guidelines and Disclaimer at the top of this site.